- Identify who pays the bill
- Make them: Identify stuff needed to be delivered or achieved (Nouns/ Names)
- Identify who knows how to make (or acquire) stuff
- Make them: Identify the stuff to do that will make the stuff that needs to be delivered (Verbs in the life-time of each Named result)
- Identify who_will_do_what_WHEN & with_who & with_what_resources (People to do the verbs in the right order, on known dates, to create the named stuff )
- Make a note that each named result is WNS*
Now we have a baseline plan to work from
- Everyday note as work progresses (What stuff’s status changes from WIP then R4CT)
- Everyday share information about Stuff done & not done (EG stuff that is R4_ or R2_)
- Everyday find the next R2/ R4 and allocate it in priority/ dependency order )
- If its R2I then bolt the components together till you have a finished item, System test and if OK mark R2D
- Everyday check records reflect reality (up2date)
- Occassionaly report upwards
- Recycle untill all stuff done, all results delivered
* WNS = Work Not Started, WIP = Work in Progress,
* R4_ Ready for… eg R4UT= Ready For Component Test, R4ST = Ready For System Test,
* R2_ Readt to… eg R2I = Ready to Integrate, R2D = Reay to Deliver
Logical Model provides B2B training in project based change and B2C PRNCE2 and PMP training.
Our training and mentoring in #pm_ngt explains the flexible approach and structured steps plus matched tools and techniques that are relevant2reality™ across the end2end™ investment time-line and top2bottom™ span of decision making within all corporate change.
#pm_ngt‘s key differentiators are:
1) Projects must work to and from the investor’s time-line – that means right to left planning of strategy, left to right planning of tactics and integration of the two and it means ‘deliver the value’ not ‘follow the process’.
2) Management must delegate and escalate with understanding of what both are – that means cascade goal + constraint + authority + a helping hand + resources, it means receiving and acting on escalations – Read more here
3) Use well know standards pragmatically – It means set-aside exam stupidities and use the tools and techniques of D4(r) to define the future_state_Business_As_Usual (fsBAU), use PRINCE2(r) to create a control structure for decision making and use PMBoK Guide tools & techniques to build baselines, monitor performance and respond to achievements, problems, issues and risks
To find out how to tailor a delivery for your needs contact pm_ngt@logicalmodel-dot-net