A Complete Risk Management Training Course
- “Shit happens!” and
- a project plan/ project manager is not excused from remaining in control and on track for successful delivery.
- Equally projects are full of happy accidents, tasks routinely finish ahead of estimates.
- Project managers should be equipped to consolidate opportunity.
- Handling threat and opportunity is both a simple systematic process and
- a complex exercise in people’s perceptions, preferences and tolerances,
- individually and with group-wide influences
- This course teaches how to combine project planning and tracking with risk management of threat and opportunity.
- Attendees learn tools & techniques for use in each of the steps of the risk management cycle that improve the team’s ability to identify & analyse risks, propose, select and implement risk responses.
You Will Learn To
- Create a culture of awareness of the nature of risk and all our roles in capitalising on it for advantage
- Identify, analyse and manage risks.
- Cope when threats become issues and develop opportunity into benefits
- Include provision for threat and opportunity into baselines.
- Give back unused contingency (1/2 the time?) or
- request more, with meaningful justifications (1 time in 5?).
- Assess, articulate and respond to risk clearly and transparently,
- assign risk responsibilities and decision making where it belongs to enable the organisation to handle risk effectively at every level and all staff member roles.
Who Should Attend
- All staff
- Any project participant or Project Office staff member with project assurance responsibilities.
- Project managers and team leaders identifying, assessing, responding and reporting on risks.
- Project sponsor and ownership community charged with balancing investment threat with reward opportunity, Risk owners and those who suffer the pain of threats that occur.
Formats & Options
- Available as eLearning, Instructor led class-room delivery and white-label LMS contents
- 3d Recommended for class-room delivery at ‘practitioner’ level (B-2-B Classroom delivery is tailored with contents and delivery modes available to suit client needs.)
- Formats from 1/2 day to 5 day, also blended learning and in modules spread over a longer elapsed time-frame – E.G. Overview for those involved in projects 1 day,
- Refresher for previous PM training attendees 1 day,
- Skimming the surface for those in a hurry 2 days.
- Tailored formats and duration achieved by balancing topics included, depth, and exercises included