Managing Project Managers, Programmes and Portfolios
Managing projects, portfolios and programmes have many similarities and many differences. Success at one or the others is improved by understanding what does and does not change when creating and managing change initiatives.
You Will Learn To
- Establish programmes and divide them into projects within the organisation’s portfolio of change.
- Apply planning tools and techniques at programme level.
- Define the roles of participants at all levels within the organisation’s structure.
- Track achievement through metrics , steering and closing projects and programmes.
- Motivate, direct and rely upon all those involved in the specification, funding, execution and acceptance of project based activities.
Lightening Management Overview – 1 Day
Standard Full Course – 5 Days
0900 to 1630 formal class hours (1630 onward informal/ optional time for discussion of “topics raised on the day” and demonstration of relevant software tools if wanted), 1530 finish on last day.
Know the focus areas for establishing a portfolio of projects (whether a programme or not) from customer, resources provider and project participant’s perspectives.
Who Should Attend
Anyone with a management role in delivering change via groups of projects including project and programme managers, change champions and sponsors.
Programme office and audit staff supporting or reviewing change initiatives within the organisation.
- Foundations & Concepts of Programmes & Portfolios
- Project, Portfolio and Programme
- Making Plans
- Tracking & Reporting
- Closing Projects, Closing the Programme
A wide variety of exercises are used to practice tools and techniques, while case-study segments, workshops and discussion groups consolidate and explore concepts and practice application.
Contact us directly at Logical Model on 0845 257 5707 or at email@example.com