Tools & Techniques for the Management of Projects
Suitable for business managers and staff as well as those moving into project management.
A 2 day intensive course
The course is delivered by Simon Harris, PMP, CGEIT, P2-RP, MoR-RP and ex PRINCE2® examiner in an engaging, relaxed and fun atmosphere interspersed with plenty of short breaks and short exercises.
You Will Learn To
A structured approach to running a project that is based on Simon’s 30 years of experience using the world’s published best practices in project management. Despite the short duration topics are taken from no assumed knowledge to practitioner level. Thus the sessions are rich in content and intensive.
- Standard Full Course: 2 Days but 3 days (or 4!) is an easier time with more exercises and discussions
0900 to 1630 formal class hours (1630 onward informal/ optional time for discussion of “topics raised on the day” and demonstration of relevant software tools if wanted), 1530 finish on last day.
- Know the full range of tools & techniques for creating and using project plans
- Be practiced in using the key tools
- Able to use the tools and techniques to build motivation and buy-in
- Equipped to tackle the challenge of bringing tools to usage from class-room to work-place
Who Should Attend?
- Those in a hurry to appreciate the complete set of techniques used for project scoping, scheduling, & tracking.
- Anyone with project related duties from project manager down (and upwards and sideways)
- Those with no prior knowledge of project frameworks, tools or techniques – prior knowledge may be an advantage but none is assumed
Content & Workshops
- Introductions & Logistics
- What? – Foundations
- Why? Getting to a sucessful project Close-Out
- How? Creating Useful Project Plans: Stakeholder Needs, Influence and End-Points
- How? Creating Useful Project Plans: Scope Modelling with Product & Other Breakdowns
- How? Creating Useful Project Plans: Dependency Modelling, Critical Path, Resourcing & Budgeting
- How? Supporting Processes: Estimating
- How? Supporting Processes: Change Management, Risk & Quality
- How? Tracking Status: Knowing where we are, where we should be and responding to best advantage
- Conclusions & Summary
Contact us directly at Logical Model on 0845 257 5707 or at firstname.lastname@example.org